Mason Employees Earn Degrees
Posted: May 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm, Last Updated: May 14, 2012 at 6:38 pm
By Erin Cushing
Holding down a full-time job is a major responsibility. Add to that the responsibilities of family and community life, and it’s more than enough for most people.
But many Mason employees have put in late hours, juggled schedules and commitments and worked hard to add one more responsibility to their plate: earning their bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree.
Congratulations go to the following employees for their hard work and dedication to both their work life and academic life as they earn degrees from Mason this year:
- David Anderson, living learning community coordinator in the Honors College, has earned an MEd in Educational Leadership.
- Jennifer Bazaz, assistant director of graduate programs for the College of Science, has earned an MA in Applied Developmental Psychology.
- Joey Carls, assistant director of development and administrative services at the Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, earned a Master of Public Administration with a concentration in public management.
- Chris Chen, director of fiscal services for the School of Public Policy, has earned a Master of Business Administration.
- Tina Cipara, data and communications specialist in the Environmental Health and Safety Office, has earned an MA in Communication, with a concentration in strategic communication and public relations.
- Tamara Davis-Schweinsberg, e-portal system administrator for Online Learning Resources, DoIT – Learning Support Services, has earned a BS in Information Technology.
- Duane King, computer systems engineer in the College of Science, has earned a PhD in Computational Science and Informatics.
- Deborah Lash, School of Art Print Studio, earned a Master of Fine Arts in Art and Visual Technology (InterArts).
- Robin Madar, workplace learning professional in Human Resources and Payroll, has earned an MA in English with a concentration in literature.
- Kelly Martin, administrative specialist in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages, has earned a Master of Public Administration
- Yana Myaskovskaya, History and Art History Department, has earned a Master of Arts in the History of Decorative Arts.
- Mari-Elaine Triolo, administrative assistant in the Center for Restructuring Education in Science and Technology, College of Education and Human Development, has earned her MEd in Counseling and Development, with a concentration in community agency counseling.
- Andrias White, events manager for the Office of Admissions, has earned a BS in Tourism and Events Management.
- Cindy Zema, special projects and contracts manager for the Office of University Counsel, has earned a Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in higher education.
If you are a faculty or staff member earning a degree from Mason this year and you would like to be recognized in Mason News, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to Robin Herron at email@example.com