The Wonder of It All: New Center for the Arts Season Announced
Posted: April 4, 2014 at 5:01 am, Last Updated: April 8, 2014 at 7:02 am
George Mason University’s Center for the Arts in Fairfax has announced its 2014-15 Great Performances at Mason season, featuring outstanding nationally and internationally acclaimed artists and ensembles spanning the globe and genres.
Among the highlights of the new season are:
- Tony, Grammy and Olivier Award winner Patti LuPone performing at the ninth annual ARTS by George! benefit event
- Contemporary dance by Alonzo King LINES Ballet, Martha Graham Dance Company, Mark Morris Dance Group and MOMIX
- Classical music by Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, State Symphony Orchestra of México, BBC Concert Orchestra and Christopher O’Riley and Pablo Ziegler with “Two to Tango”
- Virginia Opera’s 40th anniversary season, featuring “Sweeney Todd,” “H.M.S. Pinafore,” “Salome” and “La Traviata”
- Bluegrass legend Dr. Ralph Stanley on his Farewell Tour
- Jazz greats Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Allen Toussaint with “New Orleans Legends” and Doc Severinsen and Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra with “An Evening with Doc Severinsen”
- Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio with “Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey”
- Global music and dance by The Senegal St. Joseph Gospel Choir, The National Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China, Tango Buenos Aires and Danú with its 20th anniversary tour
- Holiday performances by Seraphic Fire, The 5 Browns, American Festival Pops Orchestra and Vienna Boys Choir
Subscriptions to Great Performances at Mason are available now, and single tickets go on sale on Monday, Sept. 1, 2014.
For a brochure, call 703 993-2787 or email email@example.com. For more information about the upcoming season, see cfa.gmu.edu. Like George Mason University’s Center for the Arts on Facebook at Facebook.com/gmucfa, and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @GMU_CFA.
Write to Robin Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org