All About ‘Accessibility’
Posted: May 2, 2013 at 7:09 am, Last Updated: May 3, 2013 at 9:01 am
By Paul King
For the fourth video in the Mason idea series shown at President Ángel Cabrera’s inauguration, the creative team wanted to create a video with a short film feel to it.
Enter Senior Photographer Evan Cantwell and anthropology major Nathan Garduno, the two behind the concept and story line of the “Accessibility” film.
“Accessibility” video developed for President Ángel Cabrera’s inauguration, April 26, 2013
Cantwell and the creative team wanted to show how Mason is accessible for students of all backgrounds. They decided to include the Arlington, Prince William and Fairfax Campuses, as each is accessible in its own unique way.
Filming took place over four days across all three campuses and a local home in Burke, Va. A flying robot, Fenway the dog, plexiglass, time lapses, dancing and much more were elements of the video.
The music was composed by Chris Cendaña, a talented musician based in Pittsburgh, Pa.
The editing and sound design was done by Greg Berger of Woodpile Studios.
Other people and organizations involved in the development and production were
- Christina DiCicco, undeclared major
- Will Martinez, accounting major
- Sharon Frometa Sanchez, dance major
- Zack High, civil and infrastructure engineering major
- Deborah Goodings, Dewberry Professor of Civil Engineering and chair of the Dewberry Department of Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering
- Communications and Marketing extras
- Veliye Ay, graduate lecturer of Turkish and the Ali Vural Ak Center for Global Islamic Studies
- Career Services and Laura Winkler, job fair props
- Andy Brown, director of communications and marketing, School of Public Policy
- Jeff Fusco, communication major and talent scout
- Alexis Glenn, photographer in Creative Services
See the “Innovation” video here.
See the “Diversity” video here.
See the “Entrepreneurial” video here.
Tomorrow: See the “Spoken Word” video
Write to Paul King at email@example.com